Find out more about Blog Software
What is Blog Software?
Blog software is a type of service or platform that enables you to create your blog and publish your content on the internet. Typically, a blogging platform is a CMS (Content Management System) that helps you to easily manage your published content and update it regularly. Popular blogging platforms include WordPress, Blogger, and TypePad. You can try out free blog software programs that offer basic features while advanced solutions ask for a fee. Some software providers will host your blog for free, while others need you to host your blog via a third-party hosting service for which you need to shell out payment. Check out this category to learn about top accounting software solutions that offer the most useful features, starting with Wix which is rated the best in the category.
Top 10 Most Popular Blog Software
Best Blog Software
How To Choose The Best Blog Software
Blog software enables you to publish and update your online content easily. There are both free and paid versions of this software available. You can decide which one to choose based on whether your needs are simple or advanced. There are also other main features and factors that you need to check out to select the best blog software for your content needs. We make this task easier for you with this buyer’s guide that tells you what exactly to look for in the best blog software.
Get to know each product with free trial
Start your search by registering for the free trials offered by leading blog software providers. This will help you to test drive each platform’s key features at no cost and check its suitability for your requirements. You can also do a comparison of different programs. Visit the websites of these following popular tools to see if they offer a free trial or demo: WordPress, Blogger, Typepad, Movable Type, and LiveJournal. These platforms have received high rankings in our blog software reviews, so take a look at them.
- Amateur and hobby bloggers can utilize a basic free blog platform for their simple needs.
- Businesses and professional bloggers need a more advanced system that offers sophisticated tools to meet their greater requirements.
Examples of Blog Software
- WordPress: You can visit WordPress.com to create a free website or blog. This site offers hundreds of customizable and mobile-ready themes and designs as well as free hosting and support. You can extend your WordPress site or blog with more than 45,000 plug-ins. Add an online store, analytics, forums, mailing lists, galleries, and more.
- Blogger: Allows multi-user blogs. This service was originally built by Pyra Labs which was acquired by Google in 2003. Google hosts users’ blogs at a subdomain of blogspot.com. With this service, you can create a beautiful and unique blog for free to share your experiences, knowledge, and other content.
- Typepad: Used by top bloggers in niches such as style, food, crafts, and others. It offers loads of attractive themes and is fully customizable. This reliable and flexible blogging service puts you in total control. You can avail a 14-day free trial to check out the features. The vendor provides one-on-one support to promptly resolve your issues.
- Movable Type: The latest version offers enhanced features to improve management and editing of content assets. Its Data API enables you to manage content beyond the internet. Movable Type for iOS helps you to use your iPhone for blog management. You can easily create and edit your articles anytime, anywhere, and also save them as a draft in your smartphone.
- LiveJournal: LiveJournal is a social journaling platform that allows you to find other users who share your pursuits and passions. It empowers you to post to interest-based communities and journals and share your thoughts and experiences. In short, this community-based journaling platform combines the best of social networking and blogging. It hosts more than 70 million journals worldwide.
Types of Blog Software
Blog software can be categorized into the following types:
- Typically, a blogging platform is a CMS (Content Management System).
- Self-hosted platforms are offered free, but you need a web hosting provider who will install it on their servers.
- Freemium services provide a try out period after which you need to start paying.
Key Features of Blog Software
- View recent posts. This feature is important for businesses that manage multiple blogs and publish hundreds of posts each month. It enables them to view the most recent posts and ensure they are not posting duplicate content in their blogs.
- WYSIWYG editor. Not everyone knows to write HTML code. The solution therefore is to use a WYSIWYG editor that can be easily mastered even by lay users.
- Admin and user management. This feature enables both admins and users to easily manage regular posting to the blog. Admins can provide role-based permissions to users to ensure they access only what is required.
- Commenting system. Enables readers to post comments after reading your posts. You can reply to the comments to improve interaction with your audience.
- Sharing and distribution. Expand your reach and attract more readers by using this tool to share and distribute your blog posts.
- Performance tracking. You can track which topics are popular, who is reading your posts, and which kinds of posts are not performing up to expectations. Track your blog’s performance over a select period of time to identify areas for improvement.
Benefits of Blog Software
- Enhanced web traffic and SEO. Regular blogging can boost your web traffic and also help in search engine optimization to ensure your site ranks high on search engines.
- Cost-effective web presence. It can cost a lot of money to develop an attractive website for your business and you also need to shell out hosting and other fees. Blogging is a cost-effective alternative for small businesses and startups as they can develop an impressive web presence and engage a vast audience at a low price.
- Attract potential customers. Everyone searches the internet for relevant and useful info on a wide range of topics. Attract this traffic with informative blog content and convert them into paying customers on your website.
- Improve employee engagement. Your employees will feel more involved and engaged if you ask them to write blog posts for the company website.
- Develop new solutions and ideas. Your readers are sure to provide comments and feedback on your blog posts and this can help to create new discussions that can give you fresh ideas to create new services and products.
- Establish a brand identity. Blogging is an efficient tool to create a unique brand identity. Build a strong collection of quality posts to attract a host of readers and build your own brand identity organically on the web.
- Video blogging. In 2018, video blogging is becoming popular. Even good writers can extend their reach by publishing their content as videos. They can utilize their writing skills to create engaging video descriptions. Videos help to capture the audience’s attention and turn them into repeat visitors to your blog.
- Use of creative features. Readers are spoilt for choice on the internet. Therefore, top bloggers are enhancing their blog’s appeal by adding illustrations, graphics, and images to attract more readers. These flat designs are easily downloadable and can be added to any type of content. Plus, any visitor can easily view and appreciate them. Therefore, they are a good alternative to videos which are harder to create.
- Design issues. Besides quality content, blog design also plays an important role. Google values blogs that are user-friendly in their layout, navigation, colors, fonts, images and other design aspects. The solution is to consult an expert website designer to make your blog more appealing which can have a positive impact on your search rankings, bounce rate, duration of reader’s stay on the blog, and conversions.
- Technical issues. Many bloggers face common technical issues with web hosts, HTML, CSS, codes, plug-ins, and others. They can view online help resources on these topics to resolve these issues and ensure their blog is error-free and attractive to readers.
List of Blog Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our platform makes use of our proprietary SmartScore™ system to test all the services in the Blog Software category in orded to help you decide on the best possible solution. It takes into consideration the following aspects: essential functionalities, collaboration possibilities, customization, integrations with other services, ease of use, customer support, security, mobility, scores in other media. As of now, Wix is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After extensive testing it received the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you include it as one of the options for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of general user satisfaction with the software in our Blog Software category based on our unique algorythm that gathers client reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites to help you make an educated investment decision.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Blog Software category will have a different group of pricing packages for its app and every plan will include a different group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan offered for each product. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B tools in the Blog Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and countries are supported by the popular B2B apps in the Blog Software category, including apps designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Learn which pricing packages are offered by the vendors in the Blog Software category to check which one suits your business needs and budget best. Keep in mind that some solutions can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which groups of clients a specific B2B software in the Blog Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
A summary of what kinds of service deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Blog Software category. While the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-hosted certain services may offer an on-site deployment model as well.